Destination Travel Expert
The Destination Expert creates a vacation and designs an itinerary that may include the following: authentic experiences, flights, ground transportation, accommodations, and unique requests such as special meals, trains, ferries; this can be for individuals or small groups. The Destination Expert offers advice on destinations, plans vacation itineraries, and makes travel arrangements for clients, while developing and maintaining exceptional relationships, both with travel advisors and consumers. This is a target driven role which is rewarded for achieving and surpassing sales goals. Members of the Authentic Vacations inside sales team in the Destination Expert role must have the skillset to identify and maximize sales, with a clear focus on superior customer skills and achieving team goals.
- Self-motivated, customer service-oriented individual who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Has traveled and sold travel to Europe and/or other Authentic Vacation destinations
- Strong sales and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Tech savvy. This position requires everyday use of various technical systems such as a proprietary booking and quote platform and online travel reservation systems
- Diligent follow through with strong organizational skills
- Outgoing, personable and able to work positively within a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Passion for travel understands after hour calls and overtime may be necessary on occasion
- Above all, to plan the trip of a lifetime for our clients
- Hitting monthly sales targets
- Engaging with potential clients and helping them to understand our services
- Designing completely customized itineraries for our clients while prioritizing customer safety and happiness. You are responsible for the clients’ relationships from the moment they contact us to when they return home from their trips!
- Booking and liaising with hotels, tour operators, and airlines
- Communicating quickly and effectively with clients and colleagues
- Saturday shift once per month (You will be given a weekday off the week before or after, and you will have notice MONTHS in advance. This can be done from home and will typically be 10am-6pm)
- Strong working experience as a travel advisor selling one or more of the following destinations Europe, the U.K., Italy, Australia, New Zealand, USA or Scandinavia
- Preferably located on the East Coast or able to work the East Coast time zone
- Ability to work a Wednesday through Sunday shift and/or flexible working days
- Must have solid track record working from home
- Strong computer and phone skills a must
- Must be able to quickly and efficiently learn new programs
- Experience working with DMCs, having a foreign language and booking guided and custom vacations a plus
Pay and compensation package is competitive!
Please send your resume and references to Authentic Vacations, 16100 N Greenway Hayden Loop, Suite E130 Scottsdale, AZ, 85260 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on February 6, 2024